Monday, March 15, 2010

New skin after peeling skin?

On Wednesday of last week, my mom wanted me to use this sun lamp to dry up the oil in my face cause it broke out really bad, and well five minutes in front of it burned me cause I'm so pale. I wasn't even that close.


And well yesterday I started peeling and it carried into today, and now the new skin is pretty red, and it feels tight.





I kinda don't want people to see me like this, and I've kept my face cool with cold water, and I've been drinking a lot of water too. I've also put Aloe Vera on my face a few times too.





How quickly can I expect this redness to go away? I don't care much for the tightness though it still bothers me, I just don't want to have this red on my face. Peeling I can deal with...just not the redness...
New skin after peeling skin?
I can't believe that your mother would do this to you!! You have burned your skin so badly that it is peeling off and the skin underneath is raw. This would probably be considered a 2nd degree burn. You should probably call your doctor right away to get some recommendations on what you should or should not put on your skin at this point.





If you have oily skin and are prone to breakouts and acne, then you need a soap for oily acne prone skin. A good one is Pan Oxyl bar. It contains benzoyl peroxide and comes in two strengths, 5% and 10%. Washing away the dirt and oils is far better than burning your skin which could permenantly damage your skin. You may also need a topical acne medication like Retin-A which can only be prescribed by a doctor.





Remember that wrinkles and skin cancer are caused by ultra violet radiation. Whether it comes from the sun or a tanning bed or lamp makes no difference. Also most of the sun damage that people have, occured before the age of twenty. It sounds like you have very fair skin, so NOW is the time when it is critical for you to protect your skin.





The best thing would be for you to talk to a dermatologist (skin doctor) or your regular doctor. There are plenty of things that can help your skin. And don't let anyone burn you again!
New skin after peeling skin?
hm. i would guess no more than a week till the redness is all gone, and that might even be an overestimate. you are doing all the right things, keep it up, you'll heal quickly.


and, just as a side note, make sure you're also eating normally too. your skin cells can't regrow as quickly as normal if they are undernourished. it sounds silly, but your epithelial (skin) cells need food too.


No comments:

Post a Comment