Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why is pig skin is used for skin grafting. Please help me. this is my assignment.?

It is called xenograft. pig skin is used as skin graft. Can anybody tell me why?


Thanks
Why is pig skin is used for skin grafting. Please help me. this is my assignment.?
Pig's tissues are very close to a human's. That is why organs from a pig may be used in transplant cases without rejection (to some degree). The muscle fibres and arrangements are very similar in both pigs and humans. (human flesh and pig flesh are the same colour) Skin grafts involve removing a portion of skin from the animal and grafting it over bare areas on the human. With the close match, the human body is able to adhere and accept the tissue. Think twice before eating pork next time! ;)





I'm sure there is ALOT of info on this either on the net or at your medical library - you'll need to do more thorough research on it for your assignment...
Why is pig skin is used for skin grafting. Please help me. this is my assignment.?
Perhaps since this is an assignment you should consider doing your own research.
Reply:My sister had this done to her legs after being burned by boiling oil. I don't know anything about the procedure itself; but I do know that it works. I have a question for your teacher: why can't they use other humans skin? For example, a lot of morbidly obese people are having their flabbiness removed after losing weight....and there is a lot of excess skin. Well, Why can't THAT skin be used instead of the pigs skin? Good question, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment