Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oily skin problems!!!?

Before I go to school, I put on sunscreen and than foundation and some concealer. Throughout the day, my face is shiny. I don't know if it's caused by the sunscreen or because of my oily skin type. It makes my skin look purple( I'm guessing with the foundation) and not right. Any help?!!
Oily skin problems!!!?
i suggest that you go on ebay and buy dermalogica dermal clay cleanser it works very well and will hekp your skin to be less oily
Oily skin problems!!!?
if you only get a blemish about once a week STOP using foundation and concealer. if you insist on wearing skin make-up make sure it is hypoallergenic and has NO ADDED OIL. people with oily skin try to wash there face more but that actually makes you produce MORE oil. so it's best to drink lots of water so your skin doesnt think it needs to make extra oil. wash your face with a GENTLE wash that removes oil. =) you can e-mail me if you have more questions.
Reply:Shiny skin is partly due to your oil glands naturally lubricating the skin on your face coupled with the ingredients found in the concealer plus the sunscreen and foundation.


The purple hue may, perhaps, be caused by so many reactions to your skin's chemistry that sets of the chemistry of the products applied to your skin. Of course, this is just my guess, and the first guess that comes to mind. Then again, it could just be pure common sense in that it is the actual hue of the concealer/foundation/sunscreen.


This is an awful lot of product (3 layers worth) on top of an already oily complexion.


I am 36. I have extremely oily skin and have suffered from acne all my life. I use no soap to wash my face, but I do use aloe vera gel straight from the leaf the night before and I wash/exfoliate the next morning with a wash cloth. I stopped using soap this year and my skin went from night to day! Stopping the soap was a miracle that I never expected to happen. I just was always irritated from every single brand of soap I was using all my life...even the soaps from the natural food stores without the perfumes!!! I just decided that I was going to experiment for a few days without soap and see what happened. Well, it's been a month, and no outbreaks of acne. No dry skin--always smooth and moist and hydrated. I look like I have a constant pregnant woman's glow. I used 100% raw Shea butter once in a blue moon only when the weather's too dry and I use aloe vera straight from the leaf, though mind you, not every night! To really, really exfoliate, I'll do my Dead Sea mud mask. What a miracle mask that is!!!


Sorry for my rant, but I thought I'd share my routine with you.BTW: I never, never, never wear makeup--and am dead set against the practice for my skin (though I am no activist in protesting it to other women, this is just my own personal practice).


Good luck and feel free to experiment!


No comments:

Post a Comment