Monday, March 15, 2010

Healthy Skin?

I worry about my skin, i never burn really because ive always used sunscreen. but now that I like to tan and lay out in the sun for quite awhile i dont put it on as much as i should. I usually just put on 8 spf tanning oil and then 30 spf on my face. I also use coca butter vaseline lotion of my body and face. What else should i do for my skin?????
Healthy Skin?
I think you are doing the right thing so far. Wearing sunscreen is a big deal to prevent any damage (and trust me...I got burnt and I'm black). It really depends on the type of skin you have. Fair skin people need to wear higher spf while darker skin can wear a lower spf. Just to be safe you may want to wear at least a 30 because you don't want to get wrinkles or dark spots. And a lot of people these days aren't even really getting tans from the sun but instead are using the spray on tan. Which if done properly will look really good. Anyway, I hope this helps and good luck.
Healthy Skin?
Do you know what you're doing is the equivalent of baking...like in an oven baking? SPF basically means how long it'll take to burn. So if it takes 10 minutes for you to burn the with SPF 8, it'll take 80, and with 30, it'll take 300 to burn. But since sunscreen, tanning oil, and vaseline are all oil based, your asking for pre-mature age spots, wrinkles, tough/leathery skin, and skin cancer.





You might want to just stick to sunscreen with a low SPF and take time to tan than slather yourself with oil.

Health

No comments:

Post a Comment