Friday, November 6, 2009

The skin on my chest and back have started to go numb. Anyone know what's going on?

I am a male, and I am almost 27 years old. I smoke and drink. I have a family history of high cholesterol. My father is a diabetic. I am 6' 3" , 175 lbs. and I am fairly athletic. I don't get as much exercise as i used to, but I do all right. Lately the skin on my chest at the bottom of the left side of my ribs and the skin on the left side of my back, almost in the same spot, has gone numb. It seems to be getting worse every day. Anyone have any ideas?
The skin on my chest and back have started to go numb. Anyone know what's going on?
Can't say for sure, but you sound as if you have a pinched nerve. It is certainly neurological in nature.





Have you had surgery somewhere on your neck or back?


Have you had a sports or car accident even several years ago?


Does the numbness go deeper than the skin?





Have it checked out by your doctor. You might need a neurologist. Just depends on the symptoms. It is more concerning that you think it is getting worse. Worse case scenario, it could be something pressing on your spinal cord.





This does not sound like something that needs the emergency room, but you need to have a neurological exam.


No comments:

Post a Comment