Friday, November 6, 2009

Hard, Scaly,Discoloured Skin only on Knee area?

Do any of you more mature ladies recognize this.


"Hard, scaly, discoloured hairy skin developing,in my case, around right knee area."





My legs are virtually hairless but this patch of skin grows hairs where none were before.


My other knee is quite free from the above symptoms.





I have tried pumice stone and lemon to bleach the skin as it looks as though I have a dirty knee.


However nothing works and I can no longer wear shorts in the Summer.





If anyone has any information on this and how it should be dealt with - I would be most grateful to hear from you.
Hard, Scaly,Discoloured Skin only on Knee area?
I suggest you see a dermatologist. I usually have suggestions but in this case I don't recognize the symptoms you describe, but a dermatologist will know.





In the meantime, stop stressing your skin, that will not help.





Good luck and best wishes.





Hannah
Hard, Scaly,Discoloured Skin only on Knee area?
Lady , you know the more grass you weed , more it sprouts,


Now you should have left it like there instead of messing up with it.


why do you want to mess up with it . ultimately someone will advise laser surgery and then some will threaten with cancer diagnosis.





better search for some really qualifie Homeopathic doctor and bette ,a lady. who will appreciate your feelings and treat your problem.
Reply:Um.... My best guess would be exfoliate (ie a scrub or the pumice you mentioned... ouch) and then moisturize heavily... if it's grossly dry then exfoliating or using something acidic like lemon, without following up with a heavy moisturizer, will only make your problem worse. You need to purge the dead skin cells and then provide the area with all the moisture it's lacking so that the new skin cells can be hydrated and normal.





Did you have chicken pox as a kid? If not and you were exposed as an adult, I guess there's a chance you could have shingles. I'm not sure the details of what shingles look like so I'm not sure.





But the fact that it's only on one knee is a little strange. Might want to see a doctor just to be sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment