Friday, November 6, 2009

My puppy's skin?

Well, I've asked a question about her before, but this time I know what breed she is. Wednesday is a Chow mix Chocolate Labrador Retriever, almost 3 months old. I've noticed this little spot on her back, which it showed up just recently. I didn't think much of it at first, because when I noticed it I knew that in a few days I would be bathing her, anyway. Well, Mom and I just thought that she rolled around in something and got it stuck in her fur, which made her skin show in this one place. I just bathed her, and there's nothing in her fur. I whiped the skin down and she's dryed off. It's nothing that's not supposed to be there, it's her skin, but it looks like it was swolen. Now, the other day one of the outside dogs, which is the only slightly aggressive dog out there, was watching her run around and play with him as usual. She got near his bowl, and he won't do this to humans, but he usually just snarls at her. (Hang on, I'll add more in More Details)...
My puppy's skin?
Bring her to the Vet to make sure that it is not something serious. I had a German Sheppard and Husky mix, she had a similar sounding skin condition before but it was auto-immune disease. Piece of her fur would come off and she would have open wounds on her skin.





Fortunately for your case it just sounds like Wednesday is being bullied. She should be monitored around the other dog for now. It's probably because she is very young and he fells that he can bully her. I would bring her to the Vet anyway just to make sure.





Good Luck
My puppy's skin?
If she's not sensitive to you having you hand near the spot, she should be ok. But since it's close to her backbone, I'd take her to the vet for an exam-just to be safe.


It's probably just a puncture wound that's healing, and if that's the case, the vet can give you some antibiotics to put on it.
Reply:Animals are like people ...they can get a boo boo once in awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment