Friday, November 6, 2009

Peeling skin on soles of feet ... help!?

Ello,





Every year when it starts to get warm the skin on the soles of my feet peels .. usually the ball of the toes and accross the top part of my foot but it can be the whole of the foot. It is not atheletes foot - confirmed by doctor. Happened every year to varying extents since I was about 12 (now 22).





Doc I saw said it was cos my feet sweat - I don't think they really do but I know my hands do so they must I guess. He said to soak my feet each night in a bowl of warm water ... will this work? Cos it is disgusting and I hate it and this year I just want to catch it early.





Or would pumicing away this skin and then moisturising be better? I try to leave my feet free to the air as much as possible and always when I am at home. But flip-flop type things aren't always appropriate.





Any info appreciated :)
Peeling skin on soles of feet ... help!?
I pumice... works for me.. there is still a slight bit of pealing but it goes away much faster.





oh and it is from feet sweating.. I wear ballet flats a lot meaning no socks, so my feet get all wet on the bottom and peal
Peeling skin on soles of feet ... help!?
Try gold bond foot cream and powder- works for me. When my feet are really bad, I slather on lots of cream- just about any kind will do in a pinch, and then put on cotton socks and let it soak in. Anything with shea butter is great too.


No comments:

Post a Comment